A Rose in the Pwani
The project is organized over two years and includes missions at the Tumbi Referral Hospital in Kibaha – Tanzania, to operate on children with malformation diseases and at the same time train local general surgeons in pediatric surgery techniques, both through on the job training in the operating room”, and through interactive lessons.
- Consolidation of skills related to pediatric surgical techniques and strengthening of pre and post-operative care skills through professional training aimed at surgeons working at the Tumbi Referral Hospital
- Improvement in the level of pre- and post-operative anesthetic and nursing assistance for pediatric patients through professional training for nurses and anesthetists at the Tumbi Referral Hospital.
- Awareness of the local non-hospital health personnel present in the Pwani Region through the creation of annual workshops dedicated to pediatric surgery.
- The healthcare staff of the Department of Surgery at the Tumbi Referral Hospital.
- Tumbi Referral Hospital health personnel and Pwani Region out-of-hospital health personnel.
- The pediatric population of the Pwani Region belonging to the Tumbi Referral Hospital (about 500,000 people).
- The pediatric population of the Dar es Salaam Region belonging to the Tumbi Referral Hospital (about 1.5 million people).
- The pediatric population of the areas surrounding the Pwani Region (about 5 million people).