A Rose Against High Risk Cancer
The Western Ukrainian Specialized Pediatric Medical Centre di Leopoli (WUSPMC) is a public hospital of the Lviv Regional Council. It is the most important care facility for pediatric oncology, oncohematology and neuro-oncology in Western Ukraine, a geographical area made up of seven regions with about 10 million inhabitants. Among the strategic objectives of WUSPMC is the development of a program for optimizing the treatment of high-risk cancer in children through the use of state-of-the-art techniques for the collection and transplantation of autologous stem cells and high-dose chemotherapy.
The specific goal is to activate a bone marrow transplant unit at the WUSPMC.
- Provide the necessary state-of-the-art medical equipment and instruments.
- Improve patient safety and increase the ability to perform ASCT treatments with state-of-the-art techniques.
- Integrate standard multi-drug chemotherapy with use of megachemotherapy.
- Promote the continuous and specialized training of medical and paramedical personnel in pediatric oncology, transferring skills and consulting with international centers.
- Develop autologous stem cell transplantation techniques.